I have been struggling all winter with overly dehydrated skin (as I mentioned here) which has caused me all kinds of problems, from leaving my face with greasy slicks mixed with flaky patches (sorry, that’s gross) to a newfound redness I am NOT fond of, and finally to the dullest complexion ever. So when I had the opportunity to try Marula Pure Beauty Oil products, I was thrilled. These products use wild-harvested marula oil that is high in antioxidants and suitable for all skin types, which was welcome news for me, as I always worry about new products causing me breakouts (see below to find out if that was an issue).
I have been using the Pure Marula Facial Oil for about six weeks now, incorporating it as part of my nighttime cleansing routine. This product was a TotalBeauty.com award winner in 2014 and promises long-lasting hydration and improved skin elasticity. The Foaming Cleansing Oil is a hybrid cleanser that is sulfate-free and transforms from a gentle oil to a light foam when water is added.
Pure Marula Facial Oil
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and supple immediately.
- Improvement of flaky parches after two uses (this made me VERY happy).
- Did not cause any breakouts, including when combined with my nighttime moisturizer.
- Did not increase oiliness in my t-zone, always a concern for combination skinned gals.
- Scent is light and fresh, not heavy at all.
- Caused me some minor eye irritation. (Note: This is my fault – I am lazy when it comes to my cream and serum application – I have a tendency to rub it all over my face quickly, rather than working in sections and avoiding the eye area.)
Foaming Cleansing Oil
- Left my skin feeling clean, but not stripped.
- Very gentle, but foams up nicely when you add water, which always makes me feel that my skin is “cleaner” (even though I know this makes no difference, lol).
- Removes makeup very well, even heavier foundation and mascara. (The creamy consistency of the oil seems to “melt” my makeup off and the foaming action washes it away.)
- Great value for money – a little goes a long way. I use a nickel-sized amount.
- Honestly, I have none to list. I really love this cleanser. It cleans my skin while being soothing, which I need this winter.
I was also fortunate enough to receive some Marula Pure Beauty Oil Hair products, including the Daily Moisture Mist and Light Hair Treatment & Styling Oil. The hair products are sulfate, paraben and phthalate free, which i was very pleased to hear. The Moisture Mist provides heat protection up to 428 degrees, tames frizz, and helps to detangle hair, which is something we fine-haired gals struggle with. The Oil is designed for fine hair, which was a big plus for me, and promises to reduce frizz and flyaways and add lightweight shine.
Daily Moisture Mist
- The scent. The product smells absolutely amazing – slightly citrusy and very fresh.
- Left my hair feeling extremely soft.
- Hair looked less dry after using my regular hot styling tools (straightening iron and curling wand).
- Did not do as much as I hoped to combat static electricity, my number one nemesis in the winter.
Light Hair Treatment & Styling Oil
- Left the somewhat dry and brittle ends of my hair looking much smoother.
- Helped to make split ends less noticeable.
- Did not weigh my hair down – that said, I only applied it to the ends and stayed away from the roots.
- A small amount applied to dry hair also helps to smooth out my curls.
- Again, this product did not help with my static issues, despite promising to reduce flyaways. Given that I live in Alberta, I wouldn’t take this as a sign that it does not work though – we pretty much require miracles to deal with static at this time of year. I am curious to see how it works in the summer months, when we have a bit more moisture in the air.
Overall, I have been loving the Marula Pure Beauty Oil products. My skin has taken to them so well and I really have noticed the difference they have made in combating winter dryness. The hair products leave my hair feeling soft and smelling amazing, and I am pleased with that. I definitely recommend trying all of the products out, especially if you are struggling with some of the issues I have had this winter!
Enjoy the pretty things in life,
*Please note that I received these products for review purposes. That said, this review reflects my honest opinion of the products and how they are working for me.*